When you are focused on eating healthy, you will have to spend a bit more time in the kitchen. Cooking meals from scratch is the best way to ensure that you know exactly what is in the food you’re eating. And it’s important to have a list of recipes that are quick and easy to make. Breakfasts can be a bit tricky. But recipes like this quick and easy egg bites recipe can help you stay on track with a healthy breakfast!
We love recipes that are easy to make. That’s because we understand that eating healthy should never require you to spend hours and hours in the kitchen. You can make fresh, simple, tasty, and healthy meals without robbing you of more of your time.
This recipe is very customizable! Add the vegetables you love. You can add cheese, or leave it out if you are eating dairy-free. Spend a couple of hours on the weekend mixing up several batches with different vegetable combinations. The egg bites freeze very well, so they can be stored in your freezer. This allows you to pull a couple out the night before to defrost. Or defrost them in your microwave in the morning.
Egg bites are portable, so you can bring them with you when you’re on the go. And don’t just think that they are only for breakfast! They make a quick and easy lunch, dinner, or snack as well!
Egg bites are naturally gluten-free and grain-free. Skip the cheese to make them dairy-free.
Are you looking for some help to get your health back on track? The program at FDNthrive takes health coaching to a whole new level! Our FDNthrive health detectives use functional lab testing to uncover areas where hidden stress is compromising your health. They create a customized, holistic protocol that can help to reverse that stress and help you reverse symptoms. Contact us today to see if our program is the right match for you!
Quick and Easy Egg Bites
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice (optional)
- 3 cups vegetables finely chopped (can use onion, bell pepper, green onions, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, mushrooms, artichokes, tomatoes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs, sea salt, pepper, and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the vegetables and cheese.
- Spray 12 slots of a muffin tin with avocado or olive oil cooking spray, or use silicone muffin pan.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly between all 12 slots.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.